new rampage interview

Go down

new rampage interview

Post  WWW.CONGLOMERATEFANS.COM on Sat May 09, 2009 11:51 am

After a period of relative inactivity, Hip-Hop fans will be hearing from the Flipmode Squad once again. As the Squad’s general, Busta Rhymes, prepares to send fans into orbit with his highly anticipated Album, "Back On My Bullshit". Flipmode’s lieutenant, Rampage, wants to show you a little something with his own brand new album CannonBall Run" In case you haven’t noticed, Ramp Quotes “I still got that extra dynamic, jump you up, smack you in your face, wild for the night, 2006 shit”, declares Ramp. Recently we talked to Rampage about the new album and caught up on some Flipmode history.

TOMMYSHOOD: The fans haven’t heard from you in a major way in quite some time; what have you been doing these last few years?

RAMPAGE: I had to take a couple of years off to restart my engine. now Im back with a vengeance! CannonBall Run Is crazy and I got A few more tricks up my sleeve for the fans. Im about to George Bush the button! Shout out to Busta And Dj Scartch that mixtape "I bullshit You Not" is sick make sure you download that.

TOMMYSHOOD: The new album flows really good together and has a very cohesive feel to it. It seems like your sound on this record is fresh but it’s also, in a way, a throwback sound. It strikes a balance between new and old without going too much in any one direction; how were you able to accomplish that and make it so effective?

RAMPAGE: I don’t like nothing [out] now; I’ll just tell you, I don’t like nothing. I’m just straight off the top. So when people might’ve thought - he fell off, I just kept a balance in between work and [everything else]. I have been maintaining recording records; I record like four songs a day, So my sword stays sharp there's never a moment when Im not creating music. experience is the best teacher and through the years I have been blessed to work with some of the greatest Artist in this sport, "Buss, Big, Puff", & the list goes on. So I look at Cannonball Run like a stone tablet dedicated to my years in the game.

TOMMYSHOOD: As far as Flipmode goes, for a while it seemed like the crew was dormant; now Busta Rhymes is dropping an album, you’re dropping an album, are we seeing a resurgence?

RAMPAGE: Mos def! Flipmode is still a squad. We just doing what we do and thats creating good music that the people can relate to.

TOMMYSHOOD: You got a track on the new album called “I Just Wanna Know” where you incorporate that feel good soul music, with a tight flow and a hot subject matter. Can you talk about that?

RAMPAGE: I’m a big fan of Females especially single women with kids. There’s a lot of artists that come out and just be spitting about nothing and that’s why they fall off. I’m like one of them KRS One type of dudes where my voice is loud so I got to make the world feel me! And I believe in [looking towards] the future. I got children and I want them to get an education because I got an education. I want to tell the youth that instead of hustling on the block they need to get an education and respecting the women that give us life, and the opportunity to take these chances. I believe in telling the youth the truth! Shout out to "Leo Da Don" He sang the hook on that track.

TOMMYSHOOD: Since you worked with The Neptunes on one your albums, one thing I want to ask you, as you are more from the old school way of thinking, do you think as far as greatest Hip-Hop producers of all time Pharrell is underrated? Obviously you got cats like Dr. Dre, Marley Marl, Rza and DJ Premier to contend with, but The Neptunes’ sound is definitely unique and has made a profound impact in recent years. Do you think Hip-Hop scholars, old school cats or whoever else may be judging things when it’s all said and done will ever put someone like Pharrell in the same category as a DJ Premier or a Rza?

RAMPAGE: Pharrell’s impact is incredible. Him and Chad are some incredible dudes. I feel that definitely The Neptunes will go down in history as a classic producer. I truly believe that they’re icons of the game.

TOMMYSHOOD: For those that may not know, can you talk about how you originally got into Hip-Hop and how your career began?

RAMPAGE: What really made me want to do Hip-Hop was back in the days Busta had this box and he was playing a tape of Busy Bee battling Kool Moe Dee. We was sitting on his step at 32nd and Tilden, where he used to live in Flatbush, Brooklyn. He came out with an old cassette tape deck and we sat down and listened to this battle and he was on the steps writing rhymes in one of them old school notebooks; you know, them black and white ones. He was writing rhymes and reading his mathematics and he was always rhyming. I would always be there so I just started to pick up on it.

I ain’t get really serious until Bus got put on and he was in the Leaders Of The New School and he was dealing with a producer at that time by the name of Backspin. Bus always been my family. So one day he’s in the studio with Backspin and Backspin had just finished mixing a record for me. [At that time] I wasn’t even thinking about rhyming, I was just thinking about finishing school and doing what I had to do. So Backspin, who’s my cousin as well, played Bus a joint from me and [at the time] we didn’t realize that we were all family. Backspin’s mother is twins with my pops and my pops and Bus’ pops is brothers. So Backspin was like – yo, I got this kid Rampage, this shit sound hot. And Bus was like – that’s my cousin. And [Backspin] was like – get the fuck outta here, that my cousin. So they both called me up on the phone like, come around the corner right now! That was the same week that I seen Bus on Pump It Up! and ever since then I’ve been on.

He inspired me to do this music thing. He said, either you gonna go to college or you gonna come over here with me and make this move and we do this Flipmode thing. That was at the time the Leaders [conflict] happened between him and Charlie Brown. So he was like – man, it’s time to do Flipmode. And then the next thing you know he hooked up a deal with Dallas Austin through Rowdy Records and I was signed over there as well. I was the first artist to be signed to Flipmode. My cousin is a good dude; he put me on, but he also showed me a lot about the business. He inspired me to do this.

TOMMYSHOOD: For younger fans or anyone else who may not have had a chance to hear your music, what’s the one thing you want to tell them?

RAMPAGE: Check me on TheRealRampage on twitter.com [laughs]. I’m bringing new heat to the streets. Like you said, a balance. I’m bringing a balance of the old and the new but I still got that extra dynamic, jump you up, smack you in your face, wild for the night, 2006 shit. So I advise all you new cats to pay attention to the game and learn your history on this Hip-Hop shit and research The Flipmode Squad. You’ll get a lot, we come with that next shit, know what I mean!

TOMMYSHOOD: You got your new album dropping soon, what are your plans for the future?

RAMPAGE: My plans for the future is I got a lot of label deal situations with my company Deep Freeze Entertainment. Im Also working on a sneaker deal a clothing project & I got some Ambush headphones about to hit the market real soon. We also got the "Ambush Tour 2.0" going down with, Myself, Dmx, Rah Diggah, Freeway, and Beanie. I love my fans, follow me on twitter chop it up with your boi.. Shout out to Felony Musik and Tommy Ruffin. Thanks for having me I appreciate the love and support, Peace!
WWW.CONGLOMERATEFANS.COM
Admin

View user profile http://www.conglomeratefans.com

Back to top Go down

Re: new rampage interview

Post  Wash Your Cock on Sat May 09, 2009 3:00 pm

So is he still in Flipmode?

Wash Your Cock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WWW.CONGLOMERATEFANS.COM on Sat May 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Wash Your Cock wrote:So is he still in Flipmode?

no..he is not with flipmode

he is just riding on the old wave of promo, because he once were with flipmode
WWW.CONGLOMERATEFANS.COM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wash Your Cock on Sat May 09, 2009 10:54 pm

flipmode123 wrote:
Wash Your Cock wrote:So is he still in Flipmode?

no..he is not with flipmode

he is just riding on the old wave of promo, because he once were with flipmode

So he's lying then:

flipmode123 wrote:TOMMYSHOOD: As far as Flipmode goes, for a while it seemed like the crew was dormant; now Busta Rhymes is dropping an album, you’re dropping an album, are we seeing a resurgence?

RAMPAGE: Mos def! Flipmode is still a squad. We just doing what we do and thats creating good music that the people can relate to.

Mad

Wash Your Cock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pat567 on Mon May 11, 2009 11:31 pm

What happened to the Ambush album(s)?

Pat

pat567

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WWW.CONGLOMERATEFANS.COM on Tue May 12, 2009 7:12 pm

pretpat wrote:What happened to the Ambush album(s)?

Pat

good question.....looks like he might release something year?
WWW.CONGLOMERATEFANS.COM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down